Original price €12,90 - Original price €12,90Original price €12,90€12,90€12,90 - €12,90Current price €12,90|/
Taking carbohydrates during training is nothing new for a long time. In this respect, maltodextrin has long been considered a clear...Show full detailsOriginal price €12,90 - Original price €12,90Original price €12,90€12,90€12,90 - €12,90Current price €12,90|/Save 0% now Save now
Original price €24,90 - Original price €24,90Original price €24,90€24,90€24,90 - €24,90Current price €24,90|/
Peak Glucofast Fast carbohydrate donor! Can be used as a transport matrix Fast carbohydrate donor Glucose Polymer Gycemic Index of 1...Show full detailsOriginal price €24,90 - Original price €24,90Original price €24,90€24,90€24,90 - €24,90Current price €24,90|/Save 0% now Save now
Original price €15,90 - Original price €15,90Original price €15,90€15,90€15,90 - €15,90Current price €15,90|/
The best carbohydrate preparation of the last twenty years! Carbonox in the most important moments... YOU DO NOT LACK ENERGY! Carbono...Show full detailsOriginal price €15,90 - Original price €15,90Original price €15,90€15,90€15,90 - €15,90Current price €15,90|/Save 0% now Save now
Original price €9,90 - Original price €9,90Original price €9,90€9,90€9,90 - €9,90Current price €9,90|/
Biotech CarboX™ Carbohydrates with delayed release! Delayed Release Carbohydrates With Multi-Interval CarboX™ Added...Show full detailsOriginal price €9,90 - Original price €9,90Original price €9,90€9,90€9,90 - €9,90Current price €9,90|/Save 0% now Save now
Maltodextrin (trademark Maltrin) is a water-soluble carbohydrate which is produced enzymatically from starch. Compared to glucose, maltodextrin is longer-chain, and therefore hardly sweet, but virtually tasteless. Because maltodextrin is just water soluble, it is used in clinical nutrition to fortify meals with carbohydrates. In water, it forms a sticky, cloudy and viscous mass.
Maltodextrin is used as a stabilizer, filler, preservative and is used as an ingredient in food production due to its properties such as foam stability. It serves there mainly:
- as a filler and thickener in a variety of products such as: Ready-made soups, meat and sausage products, confectionery and infant nutrition.
- as a fat substitute in calorie-reduced foods
- for the avoidance of so-called off-flavors
- as a carrier for sensitive or volatile substances such as flavors, vitamins or spices
Athletes also appreciate maltodextrin, which they use to make drinks. The main advantage is that you can add significantly more carbohydrates when using maltodextrin than you could when using shorter-chain sugars. This leads to a faster absorption of the liquid, in addition to the advantage, which is particularly important for endurance sports, of being able to absorb more energy when drinking. Taking it before training ensures an increase in energy reserves and thus delays the onset of fatigue.
- Eur J Appl Physiol. 2003 Jan;88(4-5):431-7. epub 2002 Nov 19. metabolic profile of 4 h cycling in the field with varying amounts of carbohydrate supply. Meyer T, Gabriel HH, Auracher M, Scharhag J, Kindermann W.
- Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Sep;283(3):E573-7. Plasma glucose kinetics during prolonged exercise in trained humans when fed carbohydrate. Angus DJ, Febbraio MA, Hargreaves M.
- J Appl Physiol. 2000 Dec;89(6):2220-6. effects of carbohydrate ingestion before and during exercise on glucose kinetics and performance. Febbraio MA, Chiu A, Angus DJ, Arkinstall MJ, Hawley JA.